Tuesday, December 30, 2008

2008 in Review

2008 was a crazy year - and even though I thought I would be pregnant forever (Matthew needed some medical intervention to make his debut!), this year flew by. Here is 2008, in review:

1. What did you do in 2008 that you've never done before?
Had a baby - if I did anything else that I've never done before I can't think of it at the moment - how can you top having a baby!

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make any this year?
I don't think I made any resolutions last year - if I did they went out the window when I found out I was pregnant! I will make some this year - and I will write them down so that I will remember them.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My friend Anna (on the same day I did!) and my friend Sharlene's sister Nicole (the day after I did!). Also my cousin Diane - to beautiful little Kara - and Matthew's cousin Stacy to Julia, both in December.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not this year.

5. What countries did you visit?
None this year - I did get to Rhode Island in November for a long weekend and I was happy for that!

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Less stress, more money!

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched in your memory, and why?
September 19th - the day Ish was born.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Giving birth to my son and completing my MBA.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Failure is a strong word - I'll have to think about that one.

10. Did you suffer an illness or injury?
Yes, but I'm getting better every day.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Swaddle blankets...ahhh, sweet sleep!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I'd have to say Ish - sleeping through the night is his latest accomplishment!

13. Whose behavior was appalling?
No need to name names - they know who they are.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Home improvements and Babies R Us.

15. What did you get really really really excited about?
Meeting Ish.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
The ABC song - Matthew loves it!

17. Compared to last year, are you:
A). Happier or sadder? Happier
B). Thinner or fatter? Sigh, much fatter
C). Richer or poorer? Sigh again, much poorer!

18. What do you wish you had done more of?
I wish I had exercised more and I wish I had organized my home better before the baby was born.

19. What do you wish you had done less of?
Worry.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
At home. With my extended family on Christmas Eve and my immediate family on Christmas day.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Yes - one day he will call me mommy.

22. What was your favorite TV program in 2008?
How I Met Your Mother and The Big Bang Theory.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate last year?
Yep, sure do. I don't like to use the word "hate" - but it's okay to hate evil.

24. What was the best book you read?
I started The Professor's Wives Club - I really liked it, but then I had a baby and haven't been able to finish it.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
That the Baby Einstein CDs really aren't bad.

26. What did you want and get?
A healthy happy baby boy.

27. What did you want and not get?
My body to whip right back into shape!

28. What was your favorite film of the year?
There were so many I wanted to see but never did. I'll have to wait for the DVDs to come out.

29. What did you do on your birthday - and how old were you?
I turned 31. I think we went to dinner - I really can't remember!!

30. What one thing would have made your year measurably more satisfying?
Winning the lotto - hands down.

31. How would you describe your fashion sense in 2008?
Two words - stretchy pants.

32. What kept you sane?
No one has ever accused me of being sane.

33. Which celebrity did you follow most?
All of them - I love that trash.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I hate to talk politics.

35. Who did you miss?
My grandpa.

36. Who was the best new person you met this year?
Ish.

37. What valuable lesson did you learn in 2008?
Good things come to those who wait.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

No comments: