Saturday, September 1, 2012

Fall 2012 Pro Pics

We went to Picture People this year to have the boys pro pics done.I had a gift card that my sister-in-law gave me back when Matthew was born that I hadn't used, so I figured now was a good a time as ever!

I was so not impressed with Picture People. Their choice of backgrounds: white, black, green/blue dots (very 80s) or a black and white damask pattern (very girlie). Plus, they would only let us change outfits once. And at the end, they tried to sell me a $700 picture package (SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS!). I walked out with an $18 picture bundle of one pose (I had a coupon) and a high-res disc all all my images (only 17 in total) that cost me $120. Insane. Our local Sears Portrait Studio is way better priced and they have so much to choose from in the way of backgrounds (I wanted these pictures to say "fall" - I don't think they do). So, lesson learned. Back to Sears next year!

Noah was an epic fail at this photo shoot. You can't tell from the photos because for about a total of 12 seconds he was willing to pose, so we were able to get some smiling shots. The rest of the time he was screaming, running away and just being a cranky mess. Matthew on the other hand listened well, tried his best to follow the photographers instructions and really seemed to enjoy himself. If I was to take a guess now - Matthew is my future model, Noah is my football player. 



When Noah got really bad I had Matt jump in for a few shots.




This car was a great prop - but trying to get them to not move it and to actually look in the camera while in it was tough.

And with that, we start our fall. School starts next week and Matthew's 4th birthday party is a week after that. Now all I need is some nice chilly weather (and for Noah to take a 4 hour nap today).

4 comments:

Sippy Cup Mom said...

Those are some cute pictures though! It seems like PP has really gone downhill in the last few years. I loved them when Hayden was born.

The Ludwigs said...

Ugh - I hate overpaying for pics! You did get some cute shots in there, though...

Masshole Mommy said...

Oh those came out SO good. You must be so happy!!

Jennifer said...

Hello srtanger!! I love the shots that you did get...lol! Matthew is some model :-) I went to the Picture People once and had the same experience. Needless to say, we are back at Target for our photos!