Friday, June 18, 2010

Playroom Update

Not 100% done - but usable! I'd say we're about 95% complete - just need a few finishing touches on the walls, a little electrical work and I need one more bookshelf.

We hung up the Elfa shelves - right now I'm using them as storage for all the "older" toys and games. We hung a few Ikea shelves underneath to house some odds and ends.
Matthew loves his little desk. I think Yo Gabba Gabba was on when I took this picture.
Here's a better action shot of the boy as a young artist! He really loves to color, so I'm glad he has his own coloring station.
Matt hung the TV on the wall - he still has to move the electrical outlet to behind the TV (to hide the wires and keep Ish out of trouble). In case you are wondering, I was watching The Worlds Largest Rice Krispie Treat on TLC. That's right - a whole hour of watching a town go for the world record.
The Ikea storage units are working out great.
And I finally put together a track for Ish's trains. Sure, it's a boring circle-ly track, but I have no track building skills and Ish doesn't know any better!
I organized all the kitchen stuff - food and utensils have there own bins. And how cool is this blue wooden stove??!! We found that in the trash - yes, the TRASH! Someone threw this out. My dad cleaned it up and added a few knobs and VOILA - treasure.
Another set of toy bins (a tag sale steal) keep all the Bob the Builder trucks, foam blocks and random Little People things off the floor. The book shelf is a tad small for our needs (I want to replace it with a bigger one eventually). The giraffe was a gift from a good friend - Ish likes to hug it.
And my solution for the "wasted space" in front of the storage opening was a suggestion from a good friend - movable storage! These neat little bins have wheels and are a good size for random trucks/toys.
This weekend we're going to hang pictures and finish the TV work.

It feels good to be almost done. Ish LOVES LOVES LOVES his playroom - I'm so glad we have been able to create this space for him.

17 comments:

nicolesspirit878 said...

Looks fun, good job! We have a huge room downstairs for a playroom but I have yet to really make it fun, I need to throw some paint on the walls and get on it.

Karen said...

Wow! Looks so great! I'm jealous!

nbjenni said...

I love, love the train table and desk!

Katie said...

Looks awesome! What a lucky kid you have.

Shell said...

Wow, that looks amazing!!!

My boys used to have that same train table. :)

Katie said...

I am so jealous of this WHOLE rooom! THIS is what I want our downstairs to become! LOVE IT!

Sippy Cup Mom said...

I am so in love with your playroom!

Anonymous said...

Terrific job! It's bright with a lot of color and he's even got his own coloring station - lucky Ish!
I love the giraffe - but that gift wouldn't have been welcomed in every home. Luckily you have space for it. (old follower just poking my head in to say "hi" and see what's up. Smile. Have a great weekend.

Haupi
Hauplight

Pam said...

Hi Gina!
Just met you via the Tea Party!
Very cute blog - wow, what MEMORIES you bring back to me!
As the mother of 3 boys - now ages 25, 22, and 17, your pictures and visions of ish growing just flooded my heart with memories...and a little bit of ache!
Keep up the good work! :)
Peace,
Pam

Mama Hen said...

Gina this is great! I love it! What a great room!

Mama Hen

Unknown said...

Looks good!

Mommy Drinks Because You Cry said...

Looks like a lot of fun. You hard work has paid off. Hopefully it stays that neat!
Stopping by from LBS

Grace said...

I'm in awe. what a lucky kid! we have maybe 1/8th the amount of toys! The desk is adorable. Cute ideas!

Kayla said...

wishin i had your playroom

Anonymous said...

HiI found your blog through the Lady Blogger Tea Party! Great playroom! Your little boy is so cute!

Skooks said...

YAY for Ikea Trofast! I just scored some of those units on Craigslist for a song and they are THE BEST for housing all the kiddos toy stuffs. Your playroom looks amazing!

Skooks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.