Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wishlist Wednesday - At Your Service

Every day I get up, shower, get dressed, get Ish ready for the day, pack a lunch, drop Ish off at daycare (aka, grandma's house), go to work, come home, eat dinner, play with Ish, bathe him, put him to bed, do a few chores around the house, watch a little TV/play on the Interwebz, go to bed - lather, rinse, repeat - 5 days a week. Somewhere in there Matt does something similar, except he has less Ish time during the week because he leaves early and comes home late from work. Our TO DO list seems never-ending.

So, this week, my wish is for a few new people to enter our life to make things a little easier on us and maybe leave us with a little extra time to spend together as a family.

First, a financial adviser would be wonderful. Someone to handle the little money we have and put us on an allowance - tell us what we can spend, what we should save and how we should invest. Or, at the very least, someone to balance our checkbook every month so that I don't have to do it! It would be nice to spend less time worrying about money.
Secondly, I would love to hire a lawn service. Nothing fancy, just someone to come cut the grass every week so that we don't lose Matt for 4 hours on a Saturday morning while he cuts, aerates and does whatever else it is he does to the lawn that takes that long. And even though he has a riding mower, I know he would rather hang out with Ish watching Saturday morning cartoons and eating Count Chocula than packing brown bags full of grass clippings (who wouldn't??!!)
Last but not least - maid service would be awesome. Someone to do the laundry, dust, vacuum and - if they're brave enough - clean the bathrooms. Bonus points if they can cook and are willing to potty train a stubborn toddler.
And did I mention I need all these people to work for free? :-p


I'd like to end today's post with a big thank you to Stacy at My Perspective for passing along the Sunshine Award to me! Her blog is a fun read - check it out!
The rules of this award are to pass it on to blogs I enjoy reading - but I can't choose just a few to list when I follow and enjoy so many! So check out my blog rolls to the left - click on any/every one - there's not a bad one in the lot! Enjoy!! And thanks again Stacy!!

4 comments:

S Farrell said...

I think I would like everything on your wish list! My life has become sort of like the movie "Groundhog Day". I would especially like a maid, but I'm such a geek I would probably clean before she came :)

Sippy Cup Mom said...

We had a lawn service last year and it was SO nice. I wish we could afford it this summer, but we are back to DH doing it!

Mama Hen said...

I love this wish list! I wish someone could come and do my laundry. It seems to pile up all the time. Love your blog! Hope to see you at Mama's Little Chick-
www.mamaslittlechick.com

Mama Hen

alliehallmarr said...

I'll take all of these things too! Wanna go half-sies? Ha ha. Your family is adorable, very cute blog too!