Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thankful Thursday

It's Veteran's Day once again. A day to honor those who serve and who have served. My dad and both my grandpa's served with the US Navy. Matt served with the US Army. Matt seems to think Ish is West Point material, but at the moment he screams and runs away from his 11-month-old cousin Maryann, so we'll just have to wait and see if he grows up to be Army material. I think he'd be a better fit at my Alma Mater personally, but we have time to figure that out.

So, Happy Veteran's Day to all who served and serve. I am thankful for the freedom I have and I know that sacrifices have been made for me to be this free.

And a special Happy Veteran's Day from Ish too - Iona College, class of 2030 ;-)

2 comments:

Mama Hen said...

I hope you are enjoying this beautiful weather my friend! I hope you had a nice Veteran's Day. You never know, maybe Ish will go to West Point. Have a great day!

Mama Hen

Katie said...

Great post...I wish I had done a Veteran's Day post. So important to remember and thank those who serve. Great job, momma!