Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Wayback Wednesday


It's Wayback Wednesday again! This week's theme: Favorite Halloween Memories. Before Ish was born I wasn't really into Halloween - if I was talked into going out on October 31st I wore black pants, a black shirt, a pair of kitty ears and tail. Every time. Not very original, but a classic.

So today I take you back to October 31, 2008. Ish was 6 weeks old. I remember because that was the day of my 6 week check-up. I dressed Ish in a Little Monster outfit (complete with pumpkin socks) and showed him off to the nurses and doctors who just thought he was the cutest thing. Look at that face - I don't remember his face being that chunky!
When we got home from the doctor I changed Ish into something more comfortable. A monkey suit. Look at that face and tell me he was unhappy!
And, because I was on maternity leave and had some time on my hands, we had a costume change later in the day (look at the little Tigger feet!).
This past Halloween Ish was a puppy. This coming Halloween he's going to be a giraffe. This year he'll also be able to eat (some) of what he's given when we Trick or Treat at the mall. Next year he'll probably want to pick out his own costume. Sigh...it's going by too fast!

11 comments:

Jessica Strassner said...

That monkey costume is TOO FREAKING CUTE! :)

Sippy Cup Mom said...

I love that he had so many costumes! That's awesome! Why didn't I think of that??

Victoria said...

Squeee! Little Ish was so so cute in all his costumes!

Anonymous said...

Too cute! I'm new to your blog so stopping by to say hello. I was looking at photos of my 3 year old the other day and her first Halloween she was a chunky thing! I do not remember that. Love all his costumes:)

Carrie said...

So cute! I love that you had a mid day costume change!

Maxabella said...

Hysterically cute! Little Ish is so not-scary it's scary!

Emily - faliLV said...

Too Cute! Love the Tigger!

Juliana said...

These pictures are so precious!

Diane said...

I am a new follower from the Follow Me Chikadee Blog hop! He is ADORABLE! My fav is the tigger one!

Xenia said...

How adorable!! We totally have that monkey costume, it has been a big hit around here as well. :)

Following from FMC, hope you have a great weekend!

http://www.thanksmailcarrier.com

Hannah said...

Those pictures are too cute! I love the monkey costume!