Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's Eve

New Year's Eve - amateur night. I've been up all hours of the night for the past 8 months. If I can sleep right through midnight tonight, I'll be happy.

2011 was pretty good to us. It's brought us right to this point.
2012 holds a lot of firsts. Among them, first birthdays and first school days.

We're spending the weekend de-Christmasing the house and finding new homes for all the new toys that Santa brought. Tonight will pass without a party, without any countdowns. I'll give Noah and Matthew a new year's kiss somewhere around 7PM after bath time. I'll head up to bed around 9, Matt will fall asleep in the living room, then stumble into bed somewhere after midnight. A typical crazy Saturday night at the Ish house. Sunday morning will come like any other. And that's okay by me.

Whatever you have planned for tonight, stay safe. We'll see you next year!

Happy 2012

4 comments:

CEO Lisa Anne - L.A said...

Happy New Year and Best Wishes in 2012!

Kayla said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Mama Hen said...

Happy New Year my friend! I wish you all the best in the New Year and always! Enjoy the day!

Mama Hen

Jennifer said...

Here is to a great year ahead for you and your family!!