Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wishlist Wednesday - The Mindless TV Edition

If you are a Cablevision customer in the tri-state area you are probably mourning the loss of The Food Network and HGTV. I know I am. I miss Iron Chef - even Jeffrey Steingarten and his condescending criticism. I miss House Hunters - especially the episodes where the budget is somewhere near a million dollars and I get to look inside huge beautiful houses I know I will never live in.

My wish for today is for Scripps and Cablevision to cut the crap and give me back my mindless TV. I don't have much going on in my lather-rinse-repeat life right now - I need to be able to escape for a bit and watch Challenge (especially when that whack-job Stevie is a contestant) and Holmes on Homes (who I wish would visit me and my money pit!).

So, if you're like me and you miss these faces:



Go to these websites:
http://www.ilovehgtv.com/
http://www.ilovefoodnetwork.com/

Click on the links to send a message to Cablevision to urge them to end this ridiculous stand-off and let us watch Iron Chef Morimoto work his magic in the kitchen and let us once again hear Sandra Rinomato tell first-time home buyers how unrealistic they are as she rolls her eyes at the camera.

It's the little things in life that make me happy and right now, I am not happy.

No comments: